The Nike Free Ace Leather Men's Shoe combines a leather upper with deep flex grooves in the outsole for premium support and a natural ride.
- Leather upper with molded elements and perforations lend a supportive fit and ventilation
- Midfoot strap provides a secure fit
- Full bootie design wraps your foot for premium comfort
- Phylon midsole for lightweight cushioning
- Deep flex grooves allow your foot to move more naturally
- Rubber pods in the outsole enhance traction
NIKE FREE ORIGINS
After learning that Stanford athletes had been training barefoot on the university’s golf course, three of Nike’s most innovative and creative employees set out to develop a shoe that felt natural and weightless, similar to bare feet. In 2002, they examined a group of men and women with pressure-measuring insoles taped to their feet, using high-speed cameras to capture images of each foot in motion. The team spent eight years studying the biomechanics of shoeless running. The results yielded a profound understanding of the foot’s natural landing angle, pressure and toe position, allowing Nike designers to build an unconventional and flexible running shoe from the inside out.